“You have to be patient. The golf courses we play in majors, including this one, they are very demanding. They demand a lot of your patience, demand a lot of your golf and you can be frustrated easily. If you can kind of stay on an even keel, I think that’s going to help you.”
- Luke Donald on what it takes to win a major.
If you don’t believe you can be the best player in the world, then it’s going to be hard to get there. That’s why I’ve tried to up my goals and up the way I’ve been thinking.
- Luke Donald
“If I had a vote, I’d vote for Luke Donald.”
– Peter Kostis on who he would choose for the 2011 PGA Tour Player of the Year.
“He’s a bloody walking ATM. I slid my AmEx (card) between the cheeks of his ass and out popped $500.”
– David Feherty on Luke Donald, who ended up leading both the PGA and European Tours in earnings for 2011.
“I didn’t think it was possible to win the money lists on both tours. This was never going to be an easy week but it has capped off an amazing year for me.”
– Luke Donald on winning the European Tour money title along with the PGA Tour money title.
“He deserves everything he has got this year…it’s been an incredible year for him”
- Rory McIlroy on Luke’s triumphs in 2011.